Saturday 5 September 2015

Budget Makeup Haul

 
 
So I went on a makeup spending spree recently. Yes you heard that right. A makeup spending spree! After months of not allowing myself one new lipstick, I thought I'd go to town and buy as much makeup as I liked. I didn't know whether to buy one or two high end products or more budget products. But as I've said before, I believe you can get great quality products from the high street so like trying as many as possible. I ended up going to Boots/Superdrug so thought I might as well call it a 'budget makeup haul'... Here goes!
 
 
 Natural Collection Liquid eyeliner £1.99
First stop Boots. I wanted to buy my usual liquid eyeliner by Natural Collection in black. For £1.99 it's pretty bloody good. It easily lasts all day and is easy to apply. It's a bog standard eyeliner in black and I must have about a dozen empty tubes in my draw. I just keep repurchasing and repurchasing... It's a problem.
 
 




The rest I bought at Superdrug:

 
Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation £6.99
I've used this foundation before and loved it but I always had it in the wrong colour. So this time I bought it in Ivory 200 in hope that it would match my face perfectly. I've read some pretty good reviews so I wanted to try it again in the right colour to test it properly.

 
Okay so I went a bit wild when it came to Rimmel base products. But to be fair it was on 2 for £10 and I was running critically short of primer. I've never tried either of these primers but I will let you know how they are in my follow up post.


Next I moved onto Collection. My favourite drugstore brand. They're very affordable and can produce some incredibly decent products (and the occasional not so decent...)
 
 
 
Believe it or not, I've never had a translucent powder. I've always gone for some kind of coloured/foundation powders. I thought with all the foundation I was buying, I should use a translucent powder so it looks less cakey. Hopefully it will also help set my makeup before school. I'll let you know what I think!
 
Collection Kohl Eyeliner Black
I haven't used a pencil eyeliner in ages; I'm all about the liquid and powder life. However I'd read some really great reviews about this particular eyeliner and I thought for £1.99, why ever not?
 
 
A cult classic for a very good reason. If you have dark under eye circles, you have GOT to try this. It's thick with amazing coverage. I needed to buy a lighter colour for the winter season but I must say the colour range of this product is a massive fault.

 
Oops... you can never have too much foundation though ey? Well maybe you can but it was on sale so I thought why not?
*P.S It's currently on sale at Superdrug for £2.66*
 
 
I love to have a nosy around MUA, you can normally find some great buys! And today was not exception. I saw this brow palette and thought I'd give it a go. I picked it up in fair as my hairs a lot lighter now... eek. I also wanted to compare it to my Collection brow palette which I love as I'm in search for the best budget products for a future blog post.
 
 

Finally I picked up a new brush. I had been using a mini angled brush that you get in eyebrow sets on my eyebrows before. It did the job but I really wanted a longer one so it was a bit more precise. I also liked the other shading brush on he other end (although I was perplexed how I could hold this brush without damaging one of the ends.) I am looking forward to writing a post on budget brushes. Everything from Real Techniques sets to paint brushes (don't ask!) Anyway, I just need to set a couple more then I'll start writing that!
 
I hope you enjoyed my haul, as you can imagine I was very excited to buy and write about all new makeup products! Thanks for reading and I'll see you next time,
 
 
Keep reading...
Best Budget Concealers
Eyebrows 101

Prom: Do's and Dont's

2 comments:

  1. You definitely picked up some great products! I've never tried any of what you bought, but I've heard good things about it all! It's nice to treat yourself, especially after awhile of not buying anything!

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that's good news, so excited to try it all! Yeah exactly, even if they aren't high end.
      Thanks for reading! Laura x

      Delete