Wednesday 12 August 2015

My Current Obsessions

Here are some things I'm currently obsessing over, enjoy!
 
Fashion



Photocred: NewLook




 
For once, I'm loving the trends this summer. Step into New Look and you will be bombarded with peasant tops (like the one in the picture) and suede skirts... and I love it. Especially the skirts this year. No longer do we have to keep getting the same cotton skater skirts; there is now everything from suede and leather to denim skirts to choose from. I particularly love the tan colour that seems to be cropping up everywhere. Plus, the button down denim skirts from Miss Selfridge (although a little pricey), are to die for.
 
Food
 
 
 
There's something amazing about rediscovering a love from your childhood and that's exactly what Angle Delight is to me. If you've never had it, it's a powder that you whisk with a little milk to create a fluffy delicious pudding that is somewhere between a mousse and a custard. I saw it in Sainsbury's the other day for 35p and it bought back so many memories that I just had to buy it. And I don't regret it one bit, it's just as delicious now as it was when I was 5 and slurping it like there was no tomorrow. It got me thinking about retrying things that I have forgotten about through the years which would be a fun thing to do, maybe you should try it?
 
One a side note, I will fight to my death swearing that chocolate Angel Delight is the best... But it also comes in banana and strawberry if they're more your fancy (weirdo.)
 
TV




Okay don't laugh, I know 'Teen Wolf' sounds like some stupid Twilight knockoff that 13 year old girls would obsess about. In reality, it's my favourite TV show by far and season 5 has just started!! If you're thinking about watching it, you totally should. The cast is dynamic, fun and seem to have an on screen chemistry that comes from them getting on so well off screen. Season 1 and 2 were quite light hearted and what you would expect from a TV series called 'Teen Wolf.' But from season 3 onwards, it has got darker and darker to the point where I have to cover my eyes for parts of season 5.
 
It started off as a supernatural show but is now being described as a horror series, which is probably appropriate considering the countless suicides, genocides, insane asylums, homicides and deadpools. Enjoy! But don't worry, scenes that include the cast rather than murderous bad guys are good enough to keep you watching. Look out for the main guy Scott's (played by Tyler Posey) and his best friend Stiles' (played by Dylan O'Brien) relationship. They're like the perfect duo, the 'hero' and has sarcastic, witty best friend.
(MTV)
 
Makeup
 

So it looks like the obsession with eyebrows is not going anywhere and I am absolutely loving this little palette to keep my eyebrows looking 'on fleek.' As you can probably tell (by the major pan peeping), I use the brown middle colour on my eyebrows every day without fail. I also like to use the lighter brown on my inner brows to give more of an ombre effect. I find powder gives a much more natural look than a pencil or gel plus it tends to last more effectively.
 
But good eyebrows isn't the only reason I love this pallet, it's so bloomin versatile. The matte black is amazing as eyeliner on the water line to prevent smudging. Alternatively, I use it as a eye shadow in the crease or outer eyelid to create a more dramatic shadow. Even weirder than that, I sometimes use the medium brown as a contour. Matte brown powders are actually fab at contouring as they are not shimmery like bronzers and give more of a shadow effect rather than a weird orangey face.
 
Music
 

 
Imposter (ft Mark Johns) by Bearson
 
I love this song. In the summer, house is the go to genre for music. And although this does include some features of house, it is such an eerie song with an unusually beautiful vocal aspect that it is a stunner to listen to. On Spotify it is on a playlist called 'Tropical House' which is strangely appropriate; if you like this song you should definitely check out the rest of the playlist.
 
A Knife In The Ocean by Foals 
 
Hope you enjoyed a run down of some of my favourite things at the moment! What are you currently obsessing over and what do you think about rediscovering things from your childhood? Let me know in the comments below!
 
Thanks and see you next time,
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment